Welcome to the first day of March...did you know that this is "National Nutrition Month"?
I came across this article from one of the sources of healthy treats I love, and thought it seemed like a "fit" here, since we as Working Grandmother want to be here to enjoy our grandbabies and grandchildren for a good long time :-) Some of it we've heard before, many times perhaps, but it never hurts to be reminded again. I hope you'll enjoy, and after you've read it, if you have been at your computer for a while, get up, walk, stretch, move! I'm speaking to myself as well! I'm on my way as soon as I post this.
"According to the Harvard School of Public Health, studies that have followed large groups of people for many years are all drawing the same conclusion:
A sedentary (inactive) lifestyle increases the chances of becoming overweight and developing a number of chronic diseases.
Exercise or regular physical activity helps many of the body's systems function better and keeps a host of diseases at bay. According to the US Surgeon General's report, regular physical activity:
* Improves your chances of living longer and living healthier
* Protects against heart disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
* Helps protects against certain cancers, including colon and breast cancer
* Helps prevent or control type 2 diabetes
* Helps prevent arthritis and may help relieve pain and stiffness in people with this condition
* Helps prevent the insidious loss of bone known as osteoporosis
* Reduces the risk of falling among older adults
* Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety and improves mood
* Helps maintain a healthy weight
This article was sent to me by the Wholefood Farmacy, my source for snacks and interesting as their names.
Have a happy, healthy day!